- By purchasing a membership, you agree to the terms of the following code of conduct. Any violation of the code of conduct may be punishable up to, and including, revocation of membership and expulsion from the premises. In extreme cases, we reserve the right to legal action.
- There are NO exceptions to any rule unless expressly stated. Universal Animation, Inc. and AnimeNEXT reserve the right to modify rules at any time without prior notice.
- AnimeNEXT badges must be worn at all times in order to gain access to all AnimeNEXT events. Each attendee must be wearing their own badge, which must be in plain sight and facing forward. Any attendee who loses their badge may check in with convention staff and the Lost & Found (which is run by Atlantic City Convention Center staff) to see if someone turned it in. If the original badge can’t be found, the attendee is required to purchase a replacement in order to access any AnimeNEXT event thereafter.
- Attendees under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times. The adult with them must also register with AnimeNEXT and wear their badge at all times in the convention center.
- AnimeNEXT does not have a Lost & Found department. Lost property will be turned over directly to the Atlantic City Convention Center Lost & Found, located on the ground floor of the convention center. You will need to contact the Atlantic City Convention Center to recover lost property. You can contact them either in person on the ground floor of the ACCC, or call:
- Jim Menz, Public Safety Manager, 609-449-2026
- Hassan Brown, Asst. Public Safety Manager, 609-839-2023
- AnimeNEXT is an all-ages family event, and attendees are asked to dress accordingly. AnimeNEXT staff reserve the right to ask an attendee to change clothing if it is deemed inappropriate or unsafe. See our dress code for more information at http://www.animenext.org/information/dress-code .
- For the safety of all our attendees, under absolutely no circumstances are bags to be left unattended at any time during the convention. Unattended bags may be removed from the premises at staff’s discretion. There will not be a bag check available at the convention, so be sure that any bags you bring with you into the convention are non-obstructive and can remain with you at all times.
- AnimeNEXT is a drug-free event. Narcotics and alcohol of any kind are strictly prohibited in the convention center.
Events & Panels Policies
- All events and panels at AnimeNEXT have a limited amount of seating and space. Seating is not guaranteed to any attendee at any time, and standing room will be allowed at the discretion of convention staff and/or ACCC staff.
- Lining up for events will start at least 15 minutes, but no more than 60 minutes, prior to the start of any event, and convention & ACCC staff reserves the right to disband any existing line prior to this window at their discretion.
- If lines are to be started prior to the 15-60 minute window, an announcement will be made on premises.
- The event schedule is subject to change at any time after the schedule is announced. Please download the Guidebook app, follow the AnimeNEXT Facebook or Twitter accounts, or visit our on-site Info Spaces for changes and cancellations.
- Special wristbands will be required for all 18+ events. Wristbands can be obtained at Registration or the Convention Safety Room (305). Valid photo ID with your birthdate, such as a passport or driver’s license, are necessary to attend any age-restricted events. AnimeNEXT reserves the right to request ID at any time for age verification, whether or not the attendee has an 18+ wristband.
Weapons and Cosplay Props
- All props must be checked at the Prop Check table on the Atrium level, or at Convention Safety headquarters (room 305). If a prop is deemed acceptable, a member of Con Safety will wrap an AnimeNEXT Prop Check Band somewhere on the prop. If the band is broken or lost, you must get a new one.
- AnimeNEXT reserves the right to deem any prop dangerous to the general public, regardless of size or material, and ask for it to be removed from the convention center.
- Props that are larger than 6 feet in length, or 3 feet in width/diameter, are strictly prohibited in all convention spaces. If your prop exceeds these limits, you will be asked to return it to your home/car/hotel room.
- No live steel will be allowed at AnimeNEXT. Live steel is defined as, but not limited to: swords, bayonets, knives (regardless of whether or not they are sheathed), star knives and shuriken, or other objects made of metal which can take an edge. This holds true regardless of whether the object is actually sharp. This rule also applies to selfie sticks, back scratchers, and collapsible walking sticks.
- Live steel may not be used as a structural support component for any prop that enters the convention center or any other area maintained by AnimeNEXT.
- Costume pieces bigger than pieces of jewelry that are constructed of metal, such as handcuffs, armor pieces, or chains, are also prohibited. Spikes and studs longer than half an inch are not allowed.
- All weapons purchased from vendors at the convention must be checked at the Dealers Room exit by Convention Safety staff. Weapons must be boxed and taken immediately to a car, a hotel room, or home after purchase. Please purchase weapons at a time when you are able to leave the convention center.
- Props made of polycarbonate are prohibited.
- Firearms are not permitted at the convention. All gun reproductions MUST have an orange tip at the end of the muzzle, and they MUST have an AnimeNEXT prop band attached at all times.
- NO PROJECTILE WEAPONS OF ANY KIND will be permitted. Examples include, but are not limited to: Airsoft guns, BB and other pellet guns, crossbows, dart guns, blowguns, and water guns / pistols.
- Prop weapons with moveable parts but without ammunition are still prohibited.
- Stun guns and tasers are also NOT allowed.
- Bows must be strung loosely and unable to fire any projectiles.
- NO EXPLOSIVES, INCENDIARY DEVICES, or CHEMICALS of any kind, including but not limited to: smoke powder, sparklers, or fireworks.
- Leashes of any kind may not be worn by attendees at any time on convention grounds, but are required for all service animals.
- Do not use props in an unsafe manner. This includes but is not limited to: mock-fighting, swinging, throwing, and hitting yourself and/or others.
- For everyone’s safety, wheeled devices, excluding mobility devices, are prohibited from the convention. This includes, but is not limited to: heelies, roller skates/rollerblades, scooters, bicycles/unicycles, hoverboards, and skateboards/longboards.
- No signs are permitted at AnimeNEXT except for those signs that are an established part of a costume. I.e., the sign must be used by the character in official art, such as the sign carried by Genma the Panda from Ranma ½; signs from fan-produced works are not considered official.
- Signs that are not from the source material are considered solicitation and are therefore prohibited.
- Signs with offensive content are not allowed at AnimeNEXT, even if the character uses them in canon. Please remember that this is a family event. This includes, but is not limited to: expletives, racist and/or antisemitic words and imagery, sexism, and/or nudity.
- All signs must adhere to the same restrictions imposed on all props: no live steel, and not exceeding 6 feet tall & 3 feet in width/diameter.
- Apparel may not be used as signs to communicate messages, such as “Free Hugs” or “Free Kisses”. AnimeNEXT staff reserve the right to ask the attendee to change clothing if deemed to promote an inappropriate message.
- Any attendee that breaks the sign rules will be asked politely to remove the sign.
- Acceptance of membership (i.e., purchasing a membership for AnimeNEXT) indicates that the attendee (or parent, in the case of minors under the age of 18) has read the Code of Conduct detailed here and consents to the use of the attendee’s image or likeness in any recording, transmission, or reproduction for the purpose of promoting AnimeNEXT.
- Photographers are permitted to take photos in the Atlantic City Convention Center using handheld equipment only. Standalone equipment, such as tripods, light stands, and backdrops are prohibited. If equipment is deemed obstructive by staff, you will be asked to put it away.
- Photographers and/or equipment cannot block any public area or impede the safe traffic flow of others at any time.
- Photographers and models/cosplayers must act in a respectful and safe manner towards all AnimeNEXT attendees, the Atlantic City Convention Center property, and ACCC staff at all times. This includes misuse of furniture, decorative items, and structural pieces of the center.
- All photographers and cosplayers/models must have a valid AnimeNEXT membership. Anyone unable to prove membership through showing their badge will be asked to leave the Atlantic City Convention Center immediately.
- The use of drones are not permitted within the Atlantic City Convention Center.
- There will be some events where photography is not allowed. If you are found recording photos, video, or any other form of media during one of these events, you will be asked to leave the event and delete any media recorded.
- Photography is not permitted in the Artist Alley area.
of any kind will not be tolerated in any medium or on any platform
associated with AnimeNEXT. Harassment is simply defined as any unwanted
action against any person(s) or group(s) for any reason. Reports of
harassment are be taken very seriously and can lead to legal actions. If
you see something say something.
- Cosplay is
not consent. Cosplayers work very hard throughout the year to present
their projects to their Anime loving peers, not as a waiver to allow
other attendees to invade what is considered, “personal space”. Please
be courteous to each other and ask for permission to take pictures or
touch any attendee at AnimeNEXT.