Artist Alley Rules:
1. Convention Badges: All artists and helpers who wish to take part in the AnimeNEXT Artist Alley must have a three-day Artist Alley Convention badge to AnimeNEXT. 1 Convention badge is included with the purchase price of your artist alley table. If/When you purchase your table you will have the option to purchase up to an additional TWO Artist Alley registrations at a special artist alley price. We highly recommend you purchase at this special rate. Any questions regarding this could be sent to ArtistAlley@animenext.org or Registration@animenext.org
2. Check in: The person who purchased a table in the AnimeNEXT Artist Alley, i.e. you filled out the form in your name, must ‘Check In’ at the Artist Alley staff table no later than 1pm on Friday.
– Any tables that have not been checked in by 1pm on Friday will be forfeited and become available on Saturday morning for purchase. YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A REFUND FOR YOUR FORFEITED TABLE
3. Artist Alley Badges or Artist Convention Badges: All Artists and their table helpers must receive and wear an Artist Alley badge OR All Artists and their helpers must wear an Artist Convention Badge in place of the Regular Convention Badge. There is a limit of 2 assistants for for each table, we ask that you please make your best effort to notify us of your badge needs DURING the registration process, or BEFORE the convention. An Artist Alley badge allows entrance to the Artist Alley during set up and closing times. Anyone found sitting at an Artist Alley table without an AA badge will be asked to leave–squatters will not be tolerated. Please note that while you are allowed 3 people, only 2 chairs will be provided.
4. Table Limits: Individual Artists, Studios or Groups are limited to ONE Six (6) foot table or ONE 10’x10’ booth in the Artist Alley.
5.Double Booking: Only ONE person per Studio/Group may submit a Letter of Intent to register for the Artist Alley. Anyone caught trying to get around the table limits by having friends or family also book tables will be given a warning, and then put on a watch list. A second attempt will earn a ban from the Artist Alley.
6. Age Requirement: In order to purchase a table in the AnimeNEXT Artist Alley you must be 18 years of age at the time of check in at con.
7. Copyrights and Fanart: Selling Official Artwork, Copyrighted Materials or Artwork of another Artist without written permission is not allowed. Fanart is allowed so long as it follows the guidelines below:
– Fanart must not be a copy, either by hand or computer, of official artwork. This includes projects consisting of pixel or pixelized artwork.
– Fanart must be an original in design, drawn in your own style with your own poses.
– We do allow a limited amount of upcycled material. Upcycling is repurposing already existing items for a new use or design. For example, using pages from a Manga as part of a piece of artwork. If you use upcycled artwork we ask that you have proof available that the images are from a officially licensed item. For example if using a sticker please include a picture of the sticker sheet it originated from, or if from a Manga a photo of the page before and after the image was removed.
8. Adult Material: Adult Material is allowed, so long as it is clearly marked, covered and supervised at all times. You are not allowed to sell Adult Material to minors under the age of 18, and you are responsible for checking that your customers are indeed legally able to purchase said material. Adult Material is defined as anything sexually explicit, portraying sexual acts either heterosexual or homosexual and nudity. For Example: Nudity is considered showing any body part(s) that would be normally covered by a typical bathing suit–swim trunks/Speedo for males, bikini for females.
9. Merchandise: This is a list of what is allowed and what isn’t allowed. Do not panic if you don’t see something on either list. If it’s not on either list, just email Artist Alley Staff and we’ll make a ruling on it. Please remember that the Artist Alley is for both 2-D and 3-D Artists who specialize in self-made Anime, Cosplay or Fandom related merchandise.
Cosplay & Cosplay Accessories
FDA Compliant Bath and Body products, including but not limited to lotions, soaps, body oils, and perfumes.
Foam Cosplay Props that meet the Convention Weapons Policy
NOT ALLOWED in the ARTIST ALLEY:
Food and Drinks, this includes prepared or packaged food and drinks.
Store Bought or Wholesale Merchandise
Metal or Wooden Weapons (This includes any Cosplay Props that DO NOT meet the Convention weapons policy)
Flammable items, including but not limited to chemicals and candles.
Irons (for pixels-any custom pixels must be Ironed outside of Artist’s Alley due to Fire Hazard)
10. Display Materials: All displays must be sturdy and Secure. They must be on the top of your table with the exception of a Backdrop set up 3ft behind the table. At no time are free standing displays allowed to be placed in front of, or to the side of any table. Any displays that fall over, or are deemed to be unsafe by Convention Staff must be removed.
– Displays must not exceed 10 feet in height from the ground (7 feet above the table)
Tables: Before you purchase your table you must be absolutely certain you will be able to attend or be okay with losing the money. Table transfers to other artist may occur but will be decided on a case by case basis.
Badges: Badges under certain circumstances can be refunded, transferred or deferred to the 2018 convention. For info regarding badges please email email@example.com.
In extreme cases you may be eligible for a refund. Your refund will be in the form a physical check that will be mailed out after the convention no matter when it was approved.
Repercussions for breaking any of the above Rules:
1. 1st offence–Warning in Writing: You will be given conditions and a time frame with which you must comply. This may be, but is not limited to removing all offending material from sight and never displaying it again, etc.
2. 2nd offence–Eviction from Artist Alley: If you have already been given a written warning and you have not complied in the time frame given, put the offending material back on display or broken another rule, you may be evicted from the Artists’ Alley without refund.
3. 3rd and Final Offence–If you are found trying to or have convinced another artist (whether knowing or unknowing) to help you sell the material you can no longer even set up, having already been evicted from your own table, you will henceforth be banned from the AnimeNEXT Artist Alley. Artists found selling the removed artwork will get a warning and/or could also be evicted and banned.
Repeat Offenders: If you have been evicted from the Artist Alley once, you will have a chance to redeem yourself the next year. If you end up being evicted from the Artist Alley a second time, you will be Banned permanently from the AnimeNEXT Artist Alley. Evictions do not have to happen in consecutive years, any and all evictions count towards your two chances.
Though the AnimeNEXT Artist Alley staff retain the right to make instantaneous changes to the Artist Alley policies, every effort will be made to extend artists the courtesy to make announcements of any changes.
As a reminder the Artist Alley staff will consistently monitor and patrol the Artist Alley for policy and rules violations. Any and all observed and reported violations will be acted upon. A single violation of the convention and Artist Alley rules and policies can potentially result in the artist being removed from the Artist Alley and the convention at the discretion of the Artist Alley staff. If an individual is removed, they forfeit all fees and will receive no refund for their table or membership. Additionally, for the safety of the Artist Alley staff, conversations between yourself and the Artist Alley staff may be recorded.