Previously a member of Studio GAINAX, Hiromi Wakabayashi has been involved in several anime works with Hiroyuki Imaishi. Most notably from doing design production for GURREN LAGANN. Wakabayashi was also involved with Panty&Stocking with Garterbelt as Co-creator, Writer, and Episodic Director. After joining Studio TRIGGER, Wakabayashi wrote the script for Episode 4 of KILL la KILL and directed the series’ 2nd ending sequence. More importantly, he assisted and oversaw the design team of KILL la KILL as its Creative Producer. Later on, he was involved in Little Witch Academia and Inferno Cop doing Story Development, and took part in Space Patrol Luluco as Creative Director and Music Producer.
Wakabayashi is currently involved in a new project that is yet to be announced.
Hiromi Wakabayashi on Twitter.
- Aim for the Top2! (Diebuster) (episode 4, 5, 6 special effect)
- GURREN LAGANN (settings production)
- Panty&Stocking with Garterbelt (Original idea, screenplay, episodic director)
- IDOLM@STER (episode 1, 13 assistant episodic director)
- KILL la KILL (creative officer, 2nd ending sequence storyboard and directing)
- Little Witch Academia (plot development assistance)
- Little Witch Academia the Enchanted Parade (plot development assistance)
- Momoiro Clover vs KISS music video (animation part producer)
- BATTLE SAURS (Toy Story That Time Forgot) (producer)
- SEX and VIOLENCE with MACHSPEED (design and story development, music producer)
- Obake-chan (episodic director, plot development assistance)
- Space Patrol Luluco (creative director, music producer, OP Storyboard)