Does that price include convention registration?
Convention Badges. All artists and helpers for AnimeNEXT must have an AnimeNEXT badge. One (1) badge is included with the purchase of the table, and additional badges for helpers may be purchased at the time of table purchase. If you or your helpers have already purchased your badge, you do NOT have to purchase it at this point.
What is an Artist Alley badge, and how do I get one?
An Artist Alley Badge or an Artist Convention Badge is a modified version of the normal attendee badge given to artists and their helpers in order to have access to the Artist Alley during set up and closing times.
- You will receive badges when you check into the Artist Alley
- Please remember to request the full number of badges you will need for your table when you are filling out your Artist Alley registration form
- This badge acts as your badge for the full convention as well as Artist Alley.
Can I purchase my convention registration at the same time I purchase my Artist Alley table?
- Yes, you can pay for both at the same time
- Additionally, you may purchase up to two (2) extra Artist convention registrations for your group at the same discounted rate
If I have an Artist Alley Badge, do I still need a Convention badge/membership?
- The Artist Alley Badge serves as your badge for the full convention (see previous entry).
- This is special price con badge and in the event that you get a normal badge before you check in you may switch it out for the physical AA badge
- If you miss your opportunity to get it at the special price, you must pay the normal rate for the weekend badge.
Should I sign up as a Solo Artist, Studio or a Group?
Read the three definitions below and pick the one that best describes your situation. If you are a Solo Artist or Studio and wish to sell art for an Artist who will not be there—and you have their written permission—sign up as a Group.
- An individual artist who creates and sells their own artwork
- A Solo Artist would be listed in the program guide by name (or alias) or a business name (or Studio), if they have one
- A group of Artists who either collaborate to create artwork, or have formed a business together under a unique name to create art
- A Studio would be listed under one name, no matter how many artists are involved
- A collection of Individual Artists who have gotten together to share a table for the weekend
- They can be listed individually, and are allowed to sell each others art
Is there a height or other limits on displays or table set-ups?
- There is a height limit of 8’ or 10’ off the floor for displays
- 8’ for regulars tables
- 10’ for booths
- If you use the 14-inch cube displays it is equal to about 4 high
- All table set-ups/displays must be sturdy and only occupy your own tabletop space
- At no time are Free Standing Displays allowed to be set up in front or to the Side of a table
- All Displays are to be on top of your table or behind your table (such as a backdrop setting) as long as it doesn’t interfere with the artists around you
- If a display falls down or is deemed by Con Staff to be unsafe, you will be asked to take it down
If I am not coming for the whole weekend can I still get a table?
- No, tables are sold on a weekend basis (not per day)
- If you do not check in by the specified time on Friday, then you forfeit your table without refund and it can be sold to someone on the waiting list
I have friends in the Artists’ Alley — can my table be next to theirs?
- Group seating requests can be made on the Letter of Intent (LoI) as well as final form when you pay for your table
- Please keep in mind that the location request must come from both artists
Can I have helpers at my table? Am I limited to a certain number of helpers?
- Yes, you can have helpers at your table
- You are allowed up to two (2) helpers for your table
- Studios and groups can request to have more people, but there are no guarantees
- All helpers must have an Artist Alley badge in order to get into the Artist Alley during set up and closing hours
- Anyone who is sitting at a table without an Artist Alley badge will be asked to leave
Several friends and I are planning to share a table, is this all right?
- If you wish to share your table with another artist or a group of artists, then you must sign up as a Group
- This will then allow you to sell each other’s art during the weekend and be listed individually in the program guide.
If a studio-mate and I register for separate tables as solo artists, are we allowed to have any of our “studio” art work for sale? Is any kind of overlap allowed (i.e. can we both sell prints of the same pieces at our individual tables)?
- No, if you register as a solo artist, then it’s got to be your work, and your work alone
- If you want to display each others work, or collaborations, then you need to register as a studio—and will be limited to one table
- Otherwise it’s just an attempt to get around the table limits, which is against the rules
Can I get space in Both the Artist Alley and Dealer’s Room?
- No, it is not fair to all the people who wish to get into the Artist Alley for someone to double book. Also, Fan Art is Not Allowed in the Dealer’s room. If you sell only original art, and feel that you could make enough selling in the Dealer’s room, you are welcome to try to get a table there. However, if you sell even one piece of Fan Art, you belong in the Artist Alley.
Can I sell another Artist’s artwork at my table if they are unable to attend?
- If you signed up as a solo artist, you are only allowed to sell your own artwork
- However, if you sign up as a studio or group, any of the studio/group’s art can be sold, even if some of the group can not attend
Can I still get the special rate for an Artist Convention Badge after I’ve paid for my table?
- No, you cannot get the special rate once you have filled out and paid for your table
- You get ONE CHANCE to buy Artist Convention badges at the special rate, and that is when you purchase your table. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
Can I leave my things at my table when I leave for the evening?>
- Yes, you can leave your displays/set up at your table as the Artist Alley is in a secured room
- However, AnimeNEXT will not be responsible for lost or stolen items, so please take cash-boxes and other valuable items with you as a precaution
If I leave something in the AA room, will I be able to access it after the room is closed? >
- Once the Artist Alley has been locked for the night, no one, staff or otherwise is allowed inside
- Please make sure to take any personal items (such as room keys, car keys, wallets, and IDs) with you once you leave for the evening