1. Entrants to the Hall Costume Contest are limited to one entry per day (Friday and Saturday) per person. Each costume must be different for each day. If you are entering a costume in the Masquerade (i.e. the on-Stage Cosplay), you may not enter the SAME costume in the Hall Costume Contest.
2. Reference material for your costume is strongly recommended. References are not required but they are helpful for both the judges and entrants. Please come prepared to explain how you made your costume.
3. Original costumes are NOT permitted in the contest. This includes the following: fanart, ginjinka, and original characters. If you have an original costume you would like to enter please enter those costumes into the Masquerade where all costumes sources are permitted.
4. The Hall Costume Contest will continue to institute the International Costuming Guild’s level system:
· Youth – all entrants in the group are 12 years of age or younger
· Novice – All contestants in the group have won fewer than three (3) major awards for craftsmanship at any convention
· Journeyman – Any contestant in the group has won at least three major awards as a Novice but fewer than an additional three at the Journeyman level.
· Craftsman – Any contestant in the group has won three or more major prizes ABOVE the Novice level
5. The Hall Costume Contest is a craftsmanship contest. The judges will look at your costume based on how well it’s constructed and accuracy.
6. If you are the model for a costume that was made by someone else the person who constructed the costume must be present to explain its construction.
7. If you enter a costume that has been commissioned and the person who constructed it is not present the costume will be disqualified. Having help on a costume is more than ok, having someone else construct it entirely and taking credit is not.
8. No oversized costumes will be permitted in the contest. A good rule of thumb – if you can’t navigate the halls of the hotel safely, it will not be permitted to enter.
9. You may participate in the Hall Cosplay Walk On section of the masquerade if you choose. As this is a showcase of the costumes being entered in the contest you must be wearing a costume that you have entered into the contest.
10. Entry into the contest is scheduled. Sign up’s will begin on Friday May 29th and run through Sunday June 7th. Anyone who wishes to enter after that time period must come to the Hall Cosplay room during scheduled times to make an appointment for available time slots.