Artist Alley Rules:
1. Convention Badges: All artists who wish to display and sell at AnimeNEXT Artist Alley must purchase a three-day Membership Badge to AnimeNEXT. A convention badge is NOT included with the purchase price of your artist alley table.
2. Check in: The person who purchased a table in the AnimeNEXT Artist Alley, i.e. you filled out the form in your name, must ‘Check In’ at the Artist Alley staff table no later than the end of Artist Alley hours on Friday.
Any tables that have not been checked in by the end of Alley Hours on Friday will be forfeit and become available on Saturday morning for purchase.
3. Artist Alley Badges or Artist Convention Badges: All Artists and their table helpers must receive and wear an Artist Alley badge with their AnimeNEXT Convention Badge OR All Artists and their helpers must wear an Artist Convention Badge in place of the Regular Convention Badge . There is no limit to how many Artist Alley badges you can have; however we ask that you please make your best effort to notify us of your badge needs DURING the registration process, or BEFORE the convention. An Artist Alley badge allows entrance to the Artist Alley during set up and closing times. Anyone found sitting at an Artist Alley table without an AA badge will be asked to leave–squatters will not be tolerated.
4. Table Limits: Individual Artists, Studios or Groups are limited to ONE Six (6) foot table in the Artist Alley. In some years there are limited Two (2) Table spots available on a first come, first serviced basis, these spots are only on corners and will always be in the shape of an L–no exceptions!
5. Double Booking: Only ONE person per Studio/Group may submit a Letter of Intent to register for the Artist Alley. Anyone caught trying to get around the table limits by having friends or family also book tables will be given a warning, and then put on a watch list. A second attempt will earn a ban from the Artist Alley.
6. Age Requirement: In order to purchase a table in the 2010 AnimeNEXT Artist Alley you must be 18 years of age by the check in on Thursday.
7. Copyrights and Fanart: Selling Official Artwork, Copyrighted Materials or Artwork of another Artist without written permission is not allowed. Fanart is allowed so long as it follows the guidelines below:
*Fanart must not be a copy, either by hand or computer, of official artwork.
*Fanart must be an original design, drawn in your own style with your own poses.
8. Adult Material: Adult Material is allowed, so long as it is clearly marked, covered and supervised at all times. You are not allowed to sell Adult Material to minors under the age of 18, and you are responsible for checking that your customers are indeed legally able to purchase said material. Adult Material is defined as anything sexually explicit, portraying sexual acts either heterosexual or homosexual and nudity. For Example: Nudity is considered showing any body part(s) that would be normally covered by a typical bathing suit–swim trunks/Speedo for males, bikini for females.
9. Merchandise: This is a list of what is allowed and what isn’t allowed. Do not panic if you don’t see something on either list. If it’s not on either list, just email Artist Alley Staff and we’ll make a ruling on it. Please remember that the Artist Alley is for both 2-D and 3-D Artists who specialize in self-made Anime, Cosplay or Fandom related merchandise.
Cosplay & Cosplay Accessories
Foam Cosplay Props that meet the Convention Weapons Policy
NOT ALLOWED in the ARTIST ALLEY:
Food and Drinks, this includes prepared or packaged food and drinks.
Store Bought or Wholesale Merchandise
Metal or Wooden Weapons (This includes any Cosplay Props that DO NOT meet the Convention weapons policy)
Flammable items, including but not limited to chemicals and candles.
Bath and Body products, including but not limited to lotions, soaps, body oils, and perfumes.
10. Display Materials: All displays must be sturdy and are only allowed to be on the Table Top of your space. At no time are free standing displays allowed to be placed in front of, or to the side of any table. Free standing displays or storage are only allowed on the TOP of your Table or behind your table. Any displays that fall over, or are deemed to be unsafe by Convention Staff or Hotel Staff, must be removed.
Repercussions for breaking any of the above Rules:
1. 1st offence–Warning in Writing: You will be given conditions and a time frame with which you must comply. This may be, but is not limited to removing all offending material from sight and never displaying it again, etc.
2. 2nd offence–Eviction from Artist Alley: If you have already been given a written warning and you have not complied in the time frame given, put the offending material back on display or broken another rule, you may be evicted from the Artists’ Alley without refund.
3. 3rd and Final Offence–If you are found trying to or have convinced another artist (whether knowing or unknowing) to help you sell the material you can no longer even set up, having already been evicted from your own table, you will henceforth be banned from the AnimeNEXT Artist Alley. Artists found selling the removed artwork will get a warning and/or could also be evicted and banned.
Repeat Offenders: If you have been evicted from the Artist Alley once you will have a chance to redeem yourself the next year. If you end up being evicted from the Artist Alley a second time, you will be Banned permanently from the AnimeNEXT Artist Alley. Nor do evictions have to happen in consecutive years, any and all evictions count towards your two chances.
At any time, Artists’ Alley Staff reserves the right to enact any of the above without warning. This means you may be asked to leave at our discretion. We do not expect to be doing this, but if you do something that is NOT covered in our rules, we need to be able to take steps.